REQUEST OF EXPRESSIONS OF IINTEREST (Re-Advertisement)
(for Individual Consultants)
Forest Protection Fund (FPF)–Short-Term Information Technology (IT) Consultant — National (C-31)
The Government of Lao PDR (GOL) has participated in the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) since May 2008. The FCPF manages two different multi-donor funds (the Fund for REDD+ Readiness Preparation Support and the Carbon Fund). Lao PDR was granted a REDD+ Readiness Preparation grant of US$ 3.6 million in November 2011 and additional grant of US$ 4.5 million. The REDD+ Readiness Preparation grant supports analytical work including the development of the REDD+ strategy, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, capacity development including training and workshops, stakeholder consultations, communication campaigns, and awareness raising. The FCPF Readiness Preparation Project is contributing to developing Lao PDR’s capacity to receive REDD+ investments. One such international investment for REDD+ is from the Emission Reduction(ER) Program through results-based payments from the FCPF Carbon Fund.
The Government of Lao PDR (GoL) plans to strengthen the IT capacity of the FPF to implement up-to-date financial information management and reporting systems to support fund governance, ER Program reporting, safeguards implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. A capacity building strategy was drafted in 2019 and is expected to be implemented over the next two years.
The objective of the assignment is to undertake a business and technology requirements analysis against the requirements of the ER Program BSP in order to prepare procurement specifications and training plan. The outcome of the assignment should to preparation of a plan for upgrading the Forest Protection Fund (FPF) IT infrastructure, and Financial Management Information System (FMIS). This assignment will build on a capacity needs and gap assessment was carried out in early 2019.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in IT development system and network, accounting and finance, commerce, or other related field; Master degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in work related to IT development system and network in finance and accounting, human development resources, and relevant financial and accounting system projects.
- General knowledge of the Lao Government system/institutions and environmental/ climate finance sector
- Experience working in development or finance sector and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Work experience in Laos, or at least South-East Asia
- Good inter-personal and team building skills
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English
- Flexibility and ability to work and deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
The duration of assignment is 25 days from February to the end of March 2021.
The consultant will be selected under selection method for Individual Consultants, page 53-54 of the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Goods, Works, Non Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018.
Interested eligible individual consultants may obtain further information and full Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours 08.00 – 16.00 hours, Monday to Friday..
Expression of Interested along with CV (including affixed recent photo) must be submitted (indicated the position reference number) not later than 21 December 2020 via email to the address below:
Mr. Khamsene Ounekham, National Project Director (FPCF)
Director of REDD+ (Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) Division
Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Ban Phontongsavath (corner of traffic light of junction from Phonphanao Road and P-3 Road)
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR