Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Department of Forestry
Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF)
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation- REDD+ Readiness Preparation Project
REQUEST OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (Re-Advertisement)
(for Individual Consultants)
Procurement and Financial Development Manual Consultant — National (C-23)
The Government of Lao PDR (GOL) has participated in the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) since May 2008. The FCPF manages two different multi-donor funds (the Fund for REDD+ Readiness Preparation Support and the Carbon Fund). Lao PDR was granted a REDD+ Readiness Preparation grant of US$ 3.6 million in November 2011 and additional grant of US$ 4.5 million. The REDD+ Readiness Preparation grant supports analytical work including the development of the REDD+ strategy, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, capacity development including training and workshops, stakeholder consultations, communication campaigns, and awareness raising. The FCPF Readiness Preparation Project is contributing to developing Lao PDR’s capacity to receive REDD+ investments. One such international investment for REDD+ is from the Emission Reduction(ER) Program through results-based payments from the FCPF Carbon Fund.
In addition, the Forest Protection Fund (FPF) is a State fund established to collect and mobilize funds from forestry activities and activities involving the use of forest resources, and to obtain contributions from other domestic and foreign sources in accordance with the new Forest Law (2019). Under the ER Program, FPF will oversee the implementation of the Governance, Forest Landscapes and Livelihoods (GFLL) Benefit Sharing Plan (BSP) which is designed to disbursement ER Program results-based payments. The FPF will manage carbon revenue from both domestic and international sources and will disburse result-based payments to a wide variety of beneficiaries in line with the fund flow mechanism outlined in the GFLL BSP.
The objective of the PFDMC’s assignment is to prepare Procurement and Finance manual (PFM) for the implementation and management of the GFLL Program., including i) institutional and implementation arrangements for measuring and reporting ERs, and distributing ER payments, ii) financial management, iii) safeguards, iv) reporting obligations, v) monitoring and evaluation, vi) communication, vii) capacity building, and viii) other, as relevant.
Experience and Qualification required:
1. At least Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Finance or Business Management, or related disciplines;
2. Minimum of 10 years professional experience in work related to Public finance sector, Procurement of goods and services;
3. Preferably a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in operation project design and implementation at the project level
4. Familiar with Fund/Project Management, Financial Management and Procurement rules, procedure and process, Financial Management Information systems. Prior experience in similar engagement is preferred.
5. Previous experience as consultant for developing process or procedural manuals will be an asset.
6. General knowledge of the Lao Government system/institutions and environmental/climate finance sector
7. Experience working in development or finance sector and working with multi-disciplinary teams
8. Excellent spoken and written skills in English
9. Knowledge of Lao language
10. Flexibility and ability to work and deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
The expected duration of service will be four person-months spread over from January to June 2021.
The consultant will be selected under selection method for Individual Consultants, page 53-54 of the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Goods, Works, Non Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018.
Interested eligible individual consultants may obtain further information and full Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours 08.00 – 16.00 hours, Monday to Friday..
Expression of Interested along with CV (including affixed recent photo) must be submitted (indicated the position reference number) not later than 3 December 2020 via email to the address below:
Mr. Khamsene Ounekham, National Project Director (FPCF)
Director of REDD+ (Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) Division
Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Ban Phontongsavath (corner of traffic light of junction from Phonphanao Road and P-3 Road)
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org