REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Government of Lao (GoL) has demonstrated its commitment to reduce emissions through its active participation in the global initiative of REDD+ Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation. The GoL views REDD+ as an opportunity to balance conservation and development through the effective land use planning and sustainable management of its rich forest resources.
The GoL through the Department of Forestry (DoF) at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) initiated its REDD+ Readiness process with its participation in the World Bank’s Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF). Having completed its REDD+ Readiness DoF started its first sub-national emission reduction project through FCPF’s Carbon Fund in 2018.
Titled Governance, Forest Landscapes and Livelihoods – Northern Laos (GFLL) the six northern provinces of Lao PDR, namely Bokeo, Huaphan Luang Namtha, Luang Prabang, Oudomxay, and Sayaburi. The area constitutes approximately one-third of both the country’s geographical and forest area, with a population of 1.8 million people and where the dominant land use designation is forest. The project is managed by a National Project Management Unit (NPMU) located at the REDD+ Division of DoF.
GFLL is now in its implementation phase and is planning to recruit a Part-time National Consultant for Communications and IT Support for its National Project Management Unit
The candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in English language, communications, journalism, media, computer science, computer studies, informatics, or another related field;
- Minimum of five years of experience in writing and editing in Laos and English for print/radio/television especially related to forestry, environment and/or climate change and/or knowledge of natural resource management issues in Lao PDR;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communication materials – online, media/press releases, publications, and reports;
- Good knowledge of English and Laos, both oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media;
- Experience in working with journalists and media networks and the ability to develop, nurture and maintain existing and new media contacts;
- Experience in editing and proofreading organizational communication materials.
Interested and qualified candidates may obtain full Terms of Reference from http://dof.maf.gov.la and further information at the address below during office hours 08.00 – 16.00 hours, Monday to Friday
Expression of Interested along with CV (including affixed recent photo) must be submitted (indicated the position) not later than 31 July 2023 via mail or email to the address below:
Mr. Phetdaovong Namphachan, National Project Coordinator (GFLL Project),
Deputy Director of REDD+ (Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) Division, Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ban Phontongsavath (corner of traffic light of junction from Phonphanao Road and P-3 Road), Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org