Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Department of Forestry
Governance, Forest Landscapes and Livelihood (GFLL) Project
REQUEST OF EXPRESSIONS OF IINTEREST
(for Individual Consultants)
The Department of Forestry (DoF) at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) is the Emission Reduction Program Entity, as approved by the World Bank’s FCPF for the first sub-national emission reduction program in Lao PDR titled Governance, Forest Landscapes and Livelihoods – Northern Laos (GFLL). The Program covers an area of 8.1 million hectares of six provinces located in northern Lao PDR, which includes Bokeo, Huaphan Luang Namtha, Luang Prabang, Oudomxay, and Sayabury. The GFLL is now operational and is looking for following positions:
|International Social Safeguard Consultant (Part-time)
– At least Master’s Degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Applied Social Science or in related field;
– Minimum of 8 years of experience in work related to social safeguards;
– Familiar with the World Bank safeguards requirements, standards, and protocols;
– Familiar with monitoring of the World Bank safeguards requirements, standards, and protocols;
– Experience in design, facilitation and delivery of capacity building programmes related to safeguard;
– Excellent spoken and written skills in English;
– Working experience in south east Asia will be an asset.
|International REDD + Policy Advisor (Part-time)
– Master or higher degree with education in the forestry, environment or another related field;
– A minimum of 7 years of experience in work related to REDD+ policy in Lao PDR;
– Sufficient experiences in and familiar with the establishment and implementation of existing REDD+ schemes such as the UNFCCC requirements (REDD+ Strategy, FREL/FRL, MRV, Safeguards Information System and Summary of Information on Safeguards Implementation), GCF REDD+ RBP, and the Emission Reduction Program under the Carbon Fund;
– Familiar with other REDD+ schemes including LEAF Coalition/ARTS/TRESS, JNR/VCS and so on.
– Familiar with the land and forest policy and legislation in Lao PDR;
– Familiar with forestry sector institutions including the Department of Forestry/REDD+ Division and local line agencies.
– Familiar with key development partners engaged in REDD+ or related activities in Lao PDR;
– Excellent spoken and written skills in English and Intermediate knowledge of the Lao language;
– Flexibility and ability to work and deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
|Provincial Technical Support Facilitator (6 positions, Full-time)
– Bachelor degree or equivalent in forestry, environment, natural resources management, agriculture or related field;
– At least 2 years of relevant working experience in forestry, land use, or natural resources. REDD+ knowledge and experience of development projects in Lao PDR is preferable;
– Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including forestry, land use planning, and mapping software;
– Good communication skills, including speaking and writing in Lao is essential, and working knowledge in English language is highly preferred;
– Proven reporting and presentation skills;
– Willingness to live in province a long period, can travel extensively to the target districts and villages. Preference will be given to the candidate who reside at the target province.
|International Editor (Part-Time)
– At least Master’s degree in English language, communications, journalism, media, social sciences or related field.
– Minimum of 7 years of experience in writing and editing for print/radio/television especially related to forestry, environment and/or climate change and/or knowledge of natural resource management issues in Lao PDR
– Demonstrated experience with in developing communication materials (on-line, Media/press releases, publications and reports)
– Good knowledge of English and Lao both oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media.
– Experience in working with journalist and media networks and ability to develop, nurture and maintain existing and new media contacts
– Experience in editing and proof reading organizational communication material
The consultants will be selected under selection method for Individual Consultants based on the GoL’s Law Procurement on Public Procurement No. 30/ NA dated 2nd November 2017 and the Instruction on the Implementation of Law on Public Procurement No. 0477/ MOF dated 13th February 2019. Interested eligible individual consultants may obtain full Terms of Reference from http://dof.maf.gov.la and further information and full Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours 08.00 – 16.00 hours, Monday to Friday.
Expression of Interested along with CV (including affixed recent photo) must be submitted (indicated the position) no later than 26th October 2022 via email to the address below:
Mr. Phetdaovong Namphachan, National Project Coordinator (GFLL Project)
Deputy Director of REDD+ (Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) Division
Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Ban Phontongsavath (corner of traffic light of junction from Phonphanao Road and P-3 Road)
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, E-mail: email@example.com
Downloads Document:1. Provincial Technical Support Facilitator_,Final
1.1 ToR International Social Safeguards Consultant 3 Aug 2022
C-24 ToR for International Editor
Final International REDD+ Policy Expert ToR